Meet Dr. Ayar
Angelo Ayar, M.D.
Angelo Ayar, MD is a board-certified dermatologist specializing in surgical, cosmetic and medical dermatology. His dermatology residency training was completed at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, MI – one of the top dermatology training programs in the nation!
Dr. Ayar’s extensive training also includes a research fellowship in skin cancer at the University of Michigan. His research focused on the basic science of all skin cancers, including basal cell carcinoma, melanoma, and merkel cell carcinoma. Today, Dr. Ayar’s research has been presented world wide.
Dr. Ayar puts his extensive training to work for patients, specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of skin cancer as well as aesthetic procedures such as CoolSculpting and injectables. Dr. Ayar’s warm, caring, expertise and keen aesthetic eye have helped renew and refresh skin, transform bodies, and improve the lives of thousands of people.
- Undergraduate: University of Michigan, Ann Arbor MI
- Medical School: University of Toledo College of Medicine, Toledo, OH
- Internship: Wayne State University College of Medicine, Detroit, MI
- Research Fellowship: Cutaneous Oncology – University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor MI, Department of Dermatology
- Residency: University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor MI, Department of Dermatology
- American Academy of Dermatology, Fellow
- American Society of Mohs Surgery, Fellow
- American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery, Fellow
- Florida Society of Dermatology & Dermatologic Surgery, Fellow
- The Florida Society of Dermatologic Surgeons, Fellow
- James B. Angell Scholar – University of Michigan, Ann Arbor MI
- Chief Resident – Wayne State University College of Medicine, Detroit MI
- Most Outstanding Resident Award, as designated by his peers – Wayne State University College of Medicine, Detroit MI
- Published author and co-author of various national research studies
- Member – American Academy of Dermatology, American Medical Association, Golden Key International Honour Society